Dogecoin: Why did Slim Jim tweet about Doge?
Slim Jim — the company that makes the beef jerky sticks — recently tweeted about Dogecoin, sort of, but it’s unclear what it means.
The Slim Jim Twitter account shared a GIF of what appears to be the moon with a dog on its face, a clear reference to the Dogecoin cryptocurrency’s logo of the Shiba Inu dog meme.
- “Reject society. Become Doge,” the account tweeted.
- Slim Jim added the hashtag: “#DoOnlyGoodEveryday.”
We don’t really know. But the tweet came hours after Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said on Twitter that more companies need to accept Dogecoin in order for it to be a successful form of internet currency.
- “Meme coins like Doge only work if they gain utility and users use them for that utility,” he tweeted.
- “As long as more companies take doge for products/services, then Doge can be a usable currency,” he tweeted.
Cuban has been using Dogecoin for a while now, as the Dallas Mavericks team shop accepts the form of currency for payment, as I wrote for the Deseret News.
Cuban recently said on Ellen DeGeneres’s daytime talk show “Ellen” that the currency is better than buying a lottery ticket.
- “But, overall, when someone brings up Dogecoin to you and asks you if it’s a good investment, I wouldn’t say it’s the world’s best investment, but it’s a whole lot better than a lottery ticket and it’s a great way to learn and start understanding cryptocurrencies,” Cuban said.